Tuesday, June 20, 2006

My New Life

Oh man... Life in the big Apple is CRAZY! I absolutely love it! Ok, I know its been about a month since I last posted anything, but it is so busy here. And I don't have my own apartment yet so I don't have my computer hooked up. Pictures to come, I promise.

My job: I work on the 19th floor of the big, beautiful One Time Warner Center Building. It is absolutely amazing. We overlook Columbus Circle and Central Park, the west side. The people I work with are so fun and creative. I never thought I would have so much fun sitting at a cubicle, answering phones, typing in data, and learning so much about the entertainment industry. Yes, I am NOT on the production aspect of the entertainment business anymore, but now on the sales side. It's amazingly fun, completely social, and forever entertaining... never a dull moment.

My apartment: Non-existant at the moment, but I have found a few girls to live with. They just don't want to move in until Aug. 1st, so I am living with my fabulous cousin Linda, who runs Turner Entertainment, TBS, and TNT Sales Division in NYC. She's on the 20th floor and we get to ride together to work almost everyday. I am living with her, her husband Claude (who's an awesome Italian cook... I'm going to gain like 100 lbs!), her son Matt (14yrs old) and daughter Christian (10yrs old). Their house is amazing and it has a pool. So nice with how hot it can get up here.

My Commute: Ugg... it long. That's the best way to describe it. Long. Usually Linda and I go together. We leave the house around 7:15am, drive 15 min. to the train station, ride the train for about 30 min., hustle through Penn Station to the 8th Ave subway station, and catch the train to Columbus Circle to arrive at work around 8:30am. If we don't go together, I take the bus. Very adventurous, I know. The first time, I missed my stop and rode it all the way to Queens. Did I tell you my new name is Adventurous... Adventurous Ashley. Anyway, I walk 20 min. from the house to the bus stop, ride the bus about 15 min. to the train station and then proceed as usual. You're tired just reading about it, aren't you? Needless to say, I am asleep every night by about 9:15pm.

My Night Life: Non-existant... I'm living with my family in the suburbs. Enough said. We still party and hang out, just family style.

Hopefully this is a blog will help keep you guys up to date on what I'm doing. Telephone conversations are hard to come by from me since I work so long, then spend the rest of my time commuting and spending time with my cousins. Write back, either on the blog or via email (ashley.bonnett@gmail.com). I wanna know what all of ya'll are up to!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Diary,

I started blogging today. I'm officially a loser.

Love,
Ashley

10:09 AM  
Blogger Lynnly said...

I am very proud of you. Have fun, enjoy and be safe!!

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Sandy (lumberg) said...

Hey Ashley,
Glad to hear that you are doing well and having fun! I have to agree with lynnly - be safe, especially. Let's see what I can update you with. We had a blast at Disney World, Zach and Abby graduated and Zach is taking driver's ed at the high school. Oh yeah, I shaved my head - have had several comments, mostly either shock or disbelief but it seems to be growing on people. Linda says I now look like a big mini me.
Take Care.
Sandy

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Kristen said...

Yo B!
I cannot believe you are making it up there in the BIG CITY and with all those Yankees!!! Ha ha...but I love that you have a blog so I can keep up with you. I am doing swell down in Richmond...little of this, little of that...work, play, work, play...did I mention I am in a "Super Social" kickball league over the summer? Yeah, it's bad for my health...but I miss you like CRAZY and want to come visit you at the first chance I get! And, you should come visit me...perhaps if you come back down to move the rest of your life when you get an apt in Aug, I can help you get back up there??? Yes? Ha ha...Ok...much love to ya! Gimme a call soon!
Love ya!
K Nov

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Michael Clarke said...

Glad to see that you're doing well A-bomb! Will we ever see you back out here on the West Coast?

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Mom said...

Wow what a weekend we had!!!! I think I lost 5 pounds walking and shopping with you in the city. Saturday was a definite sport day, watching the US play Italy in Little Italy (of all places!!!) was memorable!!! Then off to the Mets game (great tickets from Turner!!!) But most of all, it was so good to spend time with my little girl!! We are soooooooooo proud of you. Be careful and I love you!!!

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Hunter said...

Wow, you really are a busy person. It's so good to know that you have found a job that you are really happy with. Good luck with the apartment search!

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Your Bitch said...

If you were a gladiator you would be "Adventurous Maximus", you are livin life! let me know what you want, when, and how Master.

Your Bitch

..and can I get an Amen for the Redskins Superbowl Team

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home